Monday, October 3, 2011

Venturing from the Nest


This is my inaugural attempt at blogging, at venturing from the nest if you will. We are in the process of moving into a “new to us” home. We are super excited about this move. I am NOT a Martha Stewart-type kinda gal. Oh, don't get my wrong, I want to be for sure but I think I must have slow developing genes for that talent. Now that I'm a 'little' older, I have become quite taken with doing things myself. The catalyst behind this is my 14 year old daughter, Maggie. She told me one day that our house doesn't feel like home. Sad face for mom but she didn't mean it to be insulting. After some thought, I realized she is absolutely right. As we prepare to move, I am searching high and low, near and far, for ideas of how to make my house feel like a home. Granted, a home is not determined by how coordinated the towels in the bathroom are or if the sofa and loveseat match the chair in the living room. But, it doesn't hurt! When you walk into my house I want you to feel like you are at home. I want guests to be comfortable and welcomed. So, that is my goal. I have a great friend who, unlike me, really is a Martha Stewart-type of gal. In fact, I would dare say Melinda could take Martha on any given day. Under Melinda's (http://mtashie-theplace.blogspot.com) careful tutelage, I have learned that Goodwill is my friend. I will be posting some pictures soon of my Goodwill finds and of the progress that we are making on the move. Oh, and my new favorite inspirational friend is www.pinterest.com . If you haven't joined, you are missing out! So many fresh, adorable, useful ideas!

Let me say that I am random. My initial blogs may be all project/home décor based but don't expect that to be all you see here. I foresee lots of blogs regarding adult children living back at home, upcoming weddings, the life and times of Maggie the wonder-ager, as well as things the Lord may lay on my heart to share. Please, follow my blog and tell your friends! I look forward to feedback!

2 comments:

  1. Hey Robin...so glad you are venturing in to blogging. You are one of the most inspiring people I know. (Becky)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Robin,
    I will send you a JPG of the bunco things I made for the party. You will have to email me with your email. You have a no reply blogger when you comment so I had to track you down here. Just emai lme and I will get you the file. :)Tara

    ReplyDelete